|K-12 Flying Wild Teacher Workshop
Date: April 30, 2012,
Time: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Where: Nara Nature Center
Cost: $35; FREE for LSSI teachers.
Includes lunch and copy of Flying Wild: An Educator’s Guide to Celebrating Birds.
Credit: 0.5 SB-CEUs available
Valerie Martin, Park Ranger, Isle Royale National Park
David Flaspohler, Professor, MTU School of Forest Resources & Environmental Science
Dana Richter, Copper Country Audubon Club
Flying Wild is designed to instill stewardship of birds and other natural resources, by promoting awareness, appreciation and knowledge of birds. And provide service learning opportunities whereby students can become involved in school, community and home activities that benefit bird conservation, learning, and stewardship.
Topics and Activities
• Morning bird walk with Dana Richter
- Bird ecology with Dr. David Flaspohler
- Learn about avian antics using fun and engaging activities
• Gain information about migratory birds and their conservation needs
• Discover ways to integrate "birds" into your existing curriculum and address GLCEs.
• Develop partnerships with community and conservation groups to set up Bird Festivals and Conservation Projects.
Limited to 30 participants. Register by April 24.
To Register: contact Loret Roberts at 482-0331 or firstname.lastname@example.org